Like to talk to people in Sri Lanka while you are on vacation trip? Or maybe would like to know the fundamental daily phrases in Sinhala.
Whatever your motives are we have detailed facts about Sinhala combined with some common Sinhala phrases listed below. Choose the links on this webpage to find out about Sinhala language.
Languages Spoken in Sri Lanka
The people of Sri Lanka speak Sinhala. The primary national and official language of Sri Lanka is Sinhala. Sinhala is a Indo-Aryan language and ranked 63rd based upon the amount of native speakers of 11 million.
We have released a collection of popular Sinhala tourist language phrases or words, that a visitor could use to manage in Sri Lanka. We strongly recommend you learn them from Sinhala holiday phrases website.
Tips For Studying Sinhala Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Sinhala – The secret to learn Sinhala is hours and hours of conversation with individuals who speaks Sinhala far better than you. An hour or so of conversation (with corrections and Sinhala dictionary for reference) is as effective as 5 hours in a Sinhala educational setting and 10 hours with a Sinhala language training course on your own.
- Studying Sinhala language for three or four hours a day for two weeks is much more useful for mastering Sinhala than studying one hour daily for three months. It is no surprise that numerous Sinhala learners taking language lessons in class and hardly ever remember it in the long term. The secret to learn the Sinhala is intensity of of study.
- Start off with the One hundred most everyday Sinhala words and phrases and then try to create sentences with them. Master sufficient Sinhala grammar so that you can try this as well as do it until you feel relatively comfortable with all of them.
- Keep practising these sentence in your mind. The additional usage for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Sinhala while going about your day and not speaking with anybody.
- Take a pocket Sinhala dictionary or an English-Sinhala dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Figure out the Sinhala pronunciation patterns.
- Start using Sinhala audio and online courses for the first 100 phrases and basic grammar in Sinhala language.
- Following the first 100 words and phrases in Sinhala, focus on becoming conversational. Research shows that the most everyday 100 words and phrases in Sinhala language count for 50% of all the spoken communication. The most common 1,000 words account for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Sinhala is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and employ it often.
What do I require to study Sinhala language?
- Sinhala language courses can be found as conventional language courses, audio programs and online courses. The traditional Sinhala courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Sinhala grammer and exercises. Often they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are intended for complete beginners or people who have only minimal knowledge of the Sinhala language.
One of the major vendors these Sinhala language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for more than One hundred languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who just want to understand the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other service provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a great deal of languages.
- Sinhala Audio Courses is commonly made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to learn and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in Sinhala and a achievable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be found on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses usually contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Sinhala.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give you a wide range of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
In order to find more details about travelling to Sri Lanka from Canberra, Australia, please make sure to choose the related web links here:
Don’t hesitate to express your own opinions with the Sri Lankan Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you’re obtaining a visa for travelling to Sri Lanka or notarizing documents or simply just looking to chat to an individual at the Sri Lankan visa office in Canberra. Tell us by way of submitting it on this site.
Please Notice: Your remarks are going to be viewed by the general public, due to this fact you should not include confidential details.