Wish to talk to people in Slovakia while you are on vacation trip? Or perhaps wish to know the essential everyday key phrases in Slovak.
No matter what your reasons are we have displayed information on Slovak along with some simple Slovak words below. Click the links on this webpage to find out about Slovak language.
Languages Spoken in Slovakia
The people of Slovakia speak Slovak. The main national and official language of Slovakia is Slovak. Slovak is a Slavic language and ranked 106th based upon number of native speakers of 5.6 million.
We have produced a selection of typical Slovak tourist language keyword phrases or words, which a traveler is able to use to get by in Slovakia. We strongly recommend you learn them from Slovak common phrases web site.
Tips For Learning Slovak Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Slovak – The key to learn Slovak is countless hours of conversation with people who speaks Slovak a lot better than you. An hour of talking (with corrections and Slovak dictionary for reference) is as beneficial as five hours in a Slovak class room and 10 hours with a Slovak language program on your own.
- Studying Slovak language for three or four hours daily for two weeks is much more valuable for mastering Slovak than studying one hour on a daily basis for three months. It is no wonder that many Slovak learners who take language courses in class and hardly ever remember it in the long run. The key to learn the Slovak is intensity of of study.
- Start with the One hundred most everyday Slovak words and phrases and continue to create sentences with them. Learn adequate Slovak grammar to be able to do that as well as do it till you feel fairly at ease with all of them.
- Continue practising these sentence in your head. Another usage for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in Slovak while going about your day and never speaking with any one.
- Take a pocket Slovak dictionary or an English-Slovak dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Work out the Slovak pronunciation patterns.
- Use Slovak audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in Slovak language.
- Following the first 100 phrases in Slovak, concentrate on becoming conversational. Studies have shown that the most everyday 100 phrases in Slovak language account for 50% of all spoken conversation. The most common 1,000 phrases account for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Slovak is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and use it often.
What do I require to study Slovak language?
- Slovak language courses are offered as conventional language courses, audio courses and online classes. The traditional Slovak courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Slovak grammer and exercises. Often they come either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are suitable for complete newbies or people who have only minimum understanding of the Slovak language.
One of the main vendors these Slovak language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of 100 languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for those who would like to learn the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other service provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a great deal of languages.
- Slovak Audio Courses is often made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses provides you with genuine pronunciation in Slovak and a acceptable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning are offered on CD-ROMs and DVDs. All these courses commonly include dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Slovak.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language present you with a wide array of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
Should you wish to get more details regarding visiting Slovakia from Canberra, Australia, please click on the appropriate links listed below:
Please feel free to share your own experiences with the Slovakian Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you’re applying for a visa for travelling to Slovakia or notarizing paperwork or simply just planning to chat to someone at the Slovakian visa office in Canberra. Let us know by just posting it right here.
Please Remember: Your feedback are going to be seen by the general public, for that reason you should never include confidential details.