Wish to talk with people in Samoa while you are on vacation trip? Or perhaps want to find out the essential everyday key phrases in Samoan.
Regardless of what your motives are we have listed information on Samoan together with some common Samoan phrases here. Select the web links on this webpage to understand Samoan language.
Languages Spoken in Samoa
The people of Samoa speak Samoan. The main national and official language of Samoa is Samoan. Samoan is a language and ranked based on the amount of native speakers of million.
We’ve released a selection of standard Samoan holiday language phrases or words, which a traveler is able to use to manage in Samoa. We highly recommend you learn them from Samoan basic phrases website.
Tips For Studying Samoan Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Samoan – The actual key to master Samoan is hours and hours of conversation with folks who talks Samoan far better than you. An hour or so of conversation (with corrections and Samoan dictionary for reference) is as beneficial as 5 hours in a Samoan class room and 10 hours with a Samoan language course all by yourself.
- Studying Samoan language for three or four hours each day for two weeks is far more effective for learning Samoan than studying one hour daily for three months. It is no surprise a large number of Samoan students who take language lessons in class and hardly ever remember it over time. The secret to master the Samoan is intensity of of study.
- Begin with the 100 most everyday Samoan words and attempt to create sentences using them. Master just enough Samoan grammar so that you can do this as well as do it till you feel fairly at ease with all of them.
- Continue learning these sentence in your mind. The other use for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in Samoan while going about your day and not conversing with anybody.
- Carry a pocket Samoan dictionary or an English-Samoan dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Figure out the Samoan pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Samoan audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Samoan language.
- After the first 100 phrases in Samoan, give attention to starting to be conversational. Research shows that the most commonly used 100 phrases in Samoan language count for 50% of most spoken conversation. The most common 1,000 words count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Samoan is an essential sentence you can possibly learn. Master it early and use it often.
What do I require to study Samoan language?
- Samoan language courses can be found as traditional language courses, audio programs and online classes. The traditional Samoan courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Samoan grammer and exercises. Normally they come either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are meant for complete beginners or people with only minimum understanding of the Samoan language.
One of the leading service providers these Samoan language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than One hundred languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who would like to study the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other service provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide range of languages.
- Samoan Audio Courses is generally made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to understand and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in Samoan and a manageable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses generally consist of dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Samoan.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language offer a wide variety of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you would like obtain more information regarding visiting Samoa from Canberra, Australia, please click the relevant web links below:
Please feel free to share your opinions with the Samoan Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you are getting a visa for going to Samoa or notarizing documents or merely just attempting to talk with someone at the Samoan consulate in Canberra. Contact us by simply posting it on this page.
Please Bear in mind: Your remarks are going to be seen by the general public, because of this do not include confidential details.