Like to chat with people in Norway while on vacation trip? Or just wish to know the basic everyday phrases in Norwegian.
No matter what your reasons are we have detailed info on Norwegian together with some basic Norwegian words here. Click the web links on this webpage to understand Norwegian language.
Languages Spoken in Norway
The people of Norway speak Bokmal Norwegian and Nynorsk Norwegian. The primary national and official language of Norway is Norwegian. Norwegian is a Germanic language and ranked 114th based on the amount of native speakers of 4.7 million.
We’ve released a collection of regular Norwegian holiday language phrases or words, which a visitor could use to manage in Norway. We strongly recommend you learn them from Norwegian basic phrases web site.
Tips For Learning Norwegian Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Norwegian – The actual key to master Norwegian is hours and hours of conversation with individuals who talks Norwegian better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and Norwegian dictionary for reference) is as effective as 5 hours in a Norwegian classroom and 10 hours with a Norwegian language course all by yourself.
- Studying Norwegian language for three or four hours on a daily basis for two weeks is more useful for learning Norwegian than learning one hour daily for three months. It is no surprise a large number of Norwegian students taking language classes in class and never remember it in the long run. The key to learn the Norwegian is intensity of of study.
- Start with the 100 most common Norwegian phrases and continue to make sentences using them. Master just enough Norwegian grammar so that you can do that as well as do it till you feel fairly confident with all of them.
- Keep learning these sentence in your head. Another use for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Norwegian whilst going about your day and not conversing with any one.
- Take a pocket Norwegian dictionary or an English-Norwegian dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Work out the Norwegian pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Norwegian audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Norwegian language.
- Following the first 100 phrases in Norwegian, concentrate on starting to be conversational. Studies have shown that the most commonly used 100 words and phrases in Norwegian language count for 50% of all spoken conversation. The most everyday 1,000 words and phrases count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Norwegian is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Master it early and then use it often.
What do I require to learn Norwegian language?
- Norwegian language courses are offered as traditional language courses, audio programs and online classes. The traditional Norwegian courses are comprised of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Norwegian grammer and exercises. Commonly they are offered either in CDs or MP3s.
A large number of courses are meant for complete newbies or people with only very little knowledge of the Norwegian language.
One of the main providers these Norwegian language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for more than One hundred languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who just want to understand the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other supplier of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide range of languages.
- Norwegian Audio Courses is commonly made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to learn and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses gives you genuine pronunciation in Norwegian and a manageable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning are available on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each one of these courses normally consist of dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Norwegian.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language offer a wide range of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you want to obtain more information regarding going to Norway from Canberra, Australia, please make sure to click the relevant links down below:
Please feel free to share your experiences with the Norwegian Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you are applying for a visa for visiting Norway or notarizing paperwork or simply just looking to talk to an individual at the Norwegian embassy in Canberra. Let us know by simply submitting it right here.
Please Remember: Your remarks are going to be viewed by the public, for this reason you should never include confidential information.