Wish to speak with folks in Myanmar while on holiday trip? Or just would like to know the basic everyday key phrases in Burmese.
No matter what your reasons are we have displayed information about Burmese along with some basic Burmese key phrases listed below. Click on the links on this web page to find out about Burmese language.
Languages Spoken in Myanmar
The people of Myanmar speak Burmese. The main national and official language of Myanmar is Burmese. Burmese is a Tibeto-Burman language and ranked 34th based upon number of native speakers of 32 million.
We’ve released a selection of popular Burmese tourist language phrases or words, that any visitor can use to manage in Myanmar. We recommend you learn them from Burmese holiday phrases internet site.
Advice For Studying Burmese Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Burmese – The secret to learn Burmese is hours and hours of conversation with people who talks Burmese a lot better than you. An hour of conversation (with corrections and Burmese dictionary for reference) is as beneficial as five hours in a Burmese classroom and 10 hours with a Burmese language course on your own.
- Studying Burmese language for three or four hours daily for two weeks is more beneficial for learning Burmese than studying one hour on a daily basis for three months. It is no surprise a large number of Burmese learners who take language courses in class and hardly ever remember it in the long run. The key to master the Burmese is intensity of of study.
- Start off with the 100 most common Burmese words and phrases and then try to make sentences with them. Master sufficient Burmese grammar to be able to accomplish this as well as do it until you feel really confident with all of them.
- Keep practising these sentence in your mind. The other use for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Burmese whilst going about your day and not conversing with anybody.
- Carry a pocket Burmese dictionary or an English-Burmese dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Work out the Burmese pronunciation patterns.
- Start using Burmese audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Burmese language.
- After the first 100 words in Burmese, give attention to starting to be conversational. Studies have shown that the most everyday 100 words and phrases in Burmese language count for 50% of all spoken conversation. The most everyday 1,000 words and phrases count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Burmese is an essential sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and use it often.
What do I need to study Burmese language?
- Burmese language courses are offered as conventional language classes, audio tutorials and online courses. The traditional Burmese courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Burmese grammer and exercises. Regularly they are offered either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are designed for complete newbies or people who have only very little knowledge of the Burmese language.
One of the leading providers these Burmese language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of 100 languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for those who just want to understand the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other supplier of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a wide variety of languages.
- Burmese Audio Courses is often made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to understand and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in Burmese and a manageable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning are offered on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each one of these courses normally include dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Burmese.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language offer a wide range of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you would like obtain additional information regarding going to Myanmar from Canberra, Australia, please make sure to go through the related links down below:
Feel free to share your opinions with the Myanese Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you’re applying for a visa for travelling to Myanmar or notarizing documents or merely just seeking to talk to a person at the Myanese embassy in Canberra. Let us know by way of submitting it on this site.
Please Bear in mind: Your remarks are going to be seen by the general public, therefore you should not include confidential details.