Like to chat with folks in Malawi while on vacation trip? Or just want to find out the essential everyday key phrases in Chichewa.
No matter what your reasons are we have displayed info on Chichewa combined with some basic Chichewa words listed below. Click on the links on this webpage to learn about Chichewa language.
Languages Spoken in Malawi
The people of Malawi speak Chichewa. The primary national and official language of Malawi is Chichewa. Chichewa is a Bantu language and placed 72nd based on number of native speakers of 9.3 million.
We have released a collection of common Chichewa tourist language phrases or words, that a visitor could use to get by in Malawi. We strongly recommend you master them from Chichewa common phrases website.
Tips For Learning Chichewa Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Chichewa – The trick to learn Chichewa is hours and hours of conversation with folks who speaks Chichewa much better than you. An hour or so of conversation (with corrections and Chichewa dictionary for reference) is as good as five hours in a Chichewa educational setting and 10 hours with a Chichewa language course all by yourself.
- Studying Chichewa language for three or four hours on a daily basis for two weeks is far more useful for learning Chichewa than learning one hour daily for three months. It is no surprise that a great many Chichewa learners who take language classes in school and hardly ever remember it in the long run. The key to learn the Chichewa is intensity of of study.
- Start with the One hundred most commonly used Chichewa words and phrases and then try to make sentences with them. Learn adequate Chichewa grammar so that you can do this as well as do it till you feel really comfortable with all of them.
- Continue practicing these sentence in your head. The additional benefit from for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Chichewa whilst going about your day and never speaking to any one.
- Carry a pocket Chichewa dictionary or an English-Chichewa dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Figure out the Chichewa pronunciation patterns.
- Start using Chichewa audio and online courses for the first 100 phrases and basic grammar in Chichewa language.
- Following the first 100 words in Chichewa, concentrate on becoming conversational. Studies have shown that the most common 100 phrases in Chichewa language account for 50% of most spoken communication. The most common 1,000 words and phrases count for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Chichewa is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and then use it often.
What do I require to study Chichewa language?
- Chichewa language courses are offered as conventional language courses, audio tutorials and online classes. The traditional Chichewa courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Chichewa grammer and exercises. Typically they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are intended for complete beginners or individuals with only little understanding of the Chichewa language.
One of the leading vendors these Chichewa language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than One hundred languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for those who would like to understand the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other company of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide variety of languages.
- Chichewa Audio Courses is frequently made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you genuine pronunciation in Chichewa and a achievable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses usually consist of dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Chichewa.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language present you with a wide variety of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you wish to find further information regarding visiting Malawi from Canberra, Australia, please make sure to click the applicable web links below:
Please express your experiences with the Malawian Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you are getting a visa for travelling to Malawi or notarizing paperwork or merely just looking to talk to someone at the Malawian embassy in Canberra. Let us know by just submitting it right here.
Please Remember: Your comments are going to be seen by the public, because of this don’t include confidential details.