Would like to talk with folks in Lao while you are on vacation trip? Or simply want to know the fundamental every day phrases in Lao.
No matter what your motives are we have detailed facts about Lao combined with some common Lao phrases below. Choose the web links on this web page to find out about Lao language.
Languages Spoken in Lao
The people of Lao speak Lao. The main national and official language of Lao is Lao. Lao is a Tai-Kadai language and ranked 50th based on the amount of native speakers of 19 million.
We have produced a selection of standard Lao tourist language phrases or words, which a visitor is able to use to get by in Lao. We recommend you learn them from Lao basic phrases web site.
Tips For Learning Lao Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Lao – The actual key to learn Lao is hours and hours of conversation with folks who speaks Lao a lot better than you. An hour of conversation (with corrections and Lao dictionary for reference) is as beneficial as 5 hours in a Lao educational setting and 10 hours with a Lao language course all by yourself.
- Studying Lao language for three or four hours on a daily basis for two weeks is a lot more effective for mastering Lao than learning one hour each day for three months. It is no wonder a large number of Lao learners who take language lessons in class and never remember it in the long term. The secret to learn the Lao is intensity of of study.
- Start out with the One hundred most commonly used Lao phrases and then try to make sentences with them. Learn sufficient Lao grammar so that you can try this as well as do it until you feel relatively confident with all of them.
- Keep repeating these sentence in your head. The other benefit from for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in Lao whilst going about your day and not conversing with anyone.
- Take a pocket Lao dictionary or an English-Lao dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Figure out the Lao pronunciation patterns.
- Use Lao audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Lao language.
- Following the first 100 phrases in Lao, concentrate on becoming conversational. Research shows that the most commonly used 100 words in Lao language count for 50% of most spoken conversation. The most everyday 1,000 words account for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Lao is an essential sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and employ it often.
What do I need to learn Lao language?
- Lao language courses are offered as traditional language classes, audio tutorials and online courses. The traditional Lao courses are comprised of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Lao grammer and exercises. Typically they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
A large number of courses are created for complete newbies or people who have only minimal knowledge of the Lao language.
One of the major service providers these Lao language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than One hundred languages and contain all audio courses, explorer courses for people who just want to learn the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other company of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a wide variety of languages.
- Lao Audio Courses is commonly made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to learn and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses gives you genuine pronunciation in Lao and a achievable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be found on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each of these courses usually consist of dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Lao.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give you a wide range of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you wish to find additional information about travelling to Lao from Canberra, Australia, please make sure to go through the appropriate links below:
Please feel free to express your experiences with the Laotian Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you are getting a visa for going to Lao or notarizing paperwork or merely just planning to chat to an individual at the Laotian consulate in Canberra. Tell us by way of submitting it on this site.
Please Remember: Your comments are going to be viewed by the public, due to this you should never include confidential information.