Would like to chat with individuals in Hong Kong while you are on holiday trip? Or just want to know the basic everyday phrases in Mandarin.
What ever your motives are we have displayed information on Mandarin together with some common Mandarin phrases listed below. Select the links on this web page to find out about Mandarin language.
Languages Spoken in Hong Kong
The people of Hong Kong speak English and Mandarin. The primary national and official language of Hong Kong is Mandarin. Mandarin is a Sino Tibetan language and placed 1st based upon number of native speakers of 953 million.
We have released a collection of regular Mandarin holiday language keyword phrases or words, that any visitor can use to manage in Hong Kong. We strongly recommend you master them from Mandarin every day phrases internet site.
Advice For Learning Mandarin Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Mandarin – The actual key to learn Mandarin is countless hours of conversation with individuals who speaks Mandarin much better than you. An hour or so of conversation (with corrections and Mandarin dictionary for reference) is as good as five hours in a Mandarin classroom and 10 hours with a Mandarin language program by yourself.
- Studying Mandarin language for three or four hours a day for two weeks is much more beneficial for learning Mandarin than learning 1 hour a day for three months. It is no surprise a large number of Mandarin learners taking language courses in class and never remember it over the years. The secret to master the Mandarin is intensity of of study.
- Start out with the 100 most commonly used Mandarin phrases and continue to come up with sentences using them. Learn just enough Mandarin grammar so that you can try this as well as do it until you feel fairly confident with all of them.
- Keep repeating these sentence in your head. The additional use for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Mandarin whilst going about your day and not talking to anyone.
- Carry a pocket Mandarin dictionary or an English-Mandarin dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Work out the Mandarin pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Mandarin audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in Mandarin language.
- Following the first 100 words and phrases in Mandarin, focus on starting to be conversational. Research has revealed that the most commonly used 100 words in Mandarin language count for 50% of all the spoken communication. The most common 1,000 words and phrases account for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Mandarin is an essential sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and employ it often.
What do I require to study Mandarin language?
- Mandarin language courses can be found as conventional language classes, audio tutorials and online courses. The traditional Mandarin courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Mandarin grammer and exercises. Regularly they come either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are ideal for complete beginners or people with only minimum understanding of the Mandarin language.
One of the leading suppliers these Mandarin language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of 100 languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for those who just want to learn the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other service provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide variety of languages.
- Mandarin Audio Courses is normally made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to learn and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in Mandarin and a manageable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. All these courses commonly include dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Mandarin.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give a wide array of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
Should you wish to get addiitional information about going to Hong Kong from Canberra, Australia, please choose the relevant web links below:
Please voice your own experiences with the Hong Kong Chinese Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you’re obtaining a visa for visiting Hong Kong or notarizing paperwork or simply just planning to talk with a person at the Hong Kong Chinese consulate in Canberra. Contact us by way of posting it on this site.
Please Notice: Your feedback are going to be viewed by the general public, because of this you should never include confidential information.