Need to speak to individuals in Greece while you are on vacation trip? Or simply just need to know the basic every day phrases in Greek.
What ever your reasons are we have displayed information about Greek along with some simple Greek key phrases here. Click on the web links on this webpage to find out about Greek language.
Languages Spoken in Greece
The people of Greece speak Greek. The primary national and official language of Greece is Greek. Greek is a Indo-European language and placed 52nd based on the amount of native speakers of 15 million.
We have released a collection of standard Greek tourist language phrases or words, which a visitor can make use of to get by in Greece. We highly recommend you master them from Greek words and phrases internet site.
Tips For Studying Greek Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Greek – The key to learn Greek is countless hours of conversation with folks who speaks Greek better than you. An hour or so of conversation (with corrections and Greek dictionary for reference) is as good as five hours in a Greek classroom and 10 hours with a Greek language program by yourself.
- Studying Greek language for three or four hours on a daily basis for two weeks is more effective for mastering Greek than studying one hour a day for three months. It is no miracle that a great many Greek learners who take language courses in class and never remember it in the long run. The secret to learn the Greek is intensity of of study.
- Start with the One hundred most common Greek phrases and then try to make sentences using them. Learn sufficient Greek grammar to be able to try this as well as do it till you feel pretty at ease with all of them.
- Continue practising these sentence in your head. The other usage for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Greek whilst going about your day and not speaking to anyone.
- Carry a pocket Greek dictionary or an English-Greek dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Work out the Greek pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Greek audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Greek language.
- After the first 100 words in Greek, focus on becoming conversational. Research has shown that the most common 100 words in Greek language count for 50% of all the spoken communication. The most everyday 1,000 words and phrases count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Greek is an essential sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and use it often.
What do I need to study Greek language?
- Greek language courses can be found as conventional language classes, audio courses and online classes. The traditional Greek courses are comprised of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Greek grammer and exercises. Generally they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are ideal for complete beginners or individuals with only little understanding of the Greek language.
One of the leading providers these Greek language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of 100 languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who just want to learn the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other supplier of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a great deal of languages.
- Greek Audio Courses is commonly made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in Greek and a acceptable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning are available on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses generally include dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Greek.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give a wide array of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you’d like to obtain more details about going to Greece from Canberra, Australia, please be sure to click the relevant links down below:
Please voice your own viewpoints with the Greek Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you are getting a visa for going to Greece or notarizing documents or merely just planning to talk with an individual at the Greek visa office in Canberra. Tell us by way of posting it on this page.
Please Be aware: Your feedback are going to be viewed by the public, due to this don’t include confidential details.