Wish to speak with folks in Burundi while you’re on holiday trip? Or simply just want to know the basic every day key phrases in Kirundi.
What ever your reasons are we have detailed facts about Kirundi along with some common Kirundi words listed below. Click on the web links on this webpage to understand Kirundi language.
Languages Spoken in Burundi
The people of Burundi speak Kirundi and French. The primary national and official language of Burundi is Kirundi. Kirundi is a Bantu language and placed 111th based on number of native speakers of 4.9 million.
We’ve produced a selection of regular Kirundi holiday language phrases or words, which a traveler is able to use to manage in Burundi. We highly recommend you learn them from Kirundi holiday phrases web site.
Tips For Studying Kirundi Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Kirundi – The key to learn Kirundi is countless hours of conversation with people who talks Kirundi far better than you. An hour of conversation (with corrections and Kirundi dictionary for reference) is as effective as five hours in a Kirundi classroom and 10 hours with a Kirundi language course on your own.
- Studying Kirundi language for three or four hours a day for two weeks is more valuable for mastering Kirundi than learning 1 hour on a daily basis for three months. It is no surprise a large number of Kirundi learners who take language lessons in class and never remember it in the long run. The key to master the Kirundi is intensity of of study.
- Start with the One hundred most common Kirundi phrases and then try to create sentences using them. Master sufficient Kirundi grammar to be able to do that and do it until you feel pretty comfortable with all of them.
- Continue repeating these sentence in your mind. Another benefit from for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Kirundi whilst going about your day and not speaking with any one.
- Take a pocket Kirundi dictionary or an English-Kirundi dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Figure out the Kirundi pronunciation patterns.
- Start using Kirundi audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in Kirundi language.
- After the first 100 phrases in Kirundi, give attention to becoming conversational. Research shows that the most common 100 words and phrases in Kirundi language count for 50% of most spoken communication. The most common 1,000 phrases count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Kirundi is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and then use it often.
What do I need to study Kirundi language?
- Kirundi language courses are offered as conventional language classes, audio courses and online classes. The traditional Kirundi courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Kirundi grammer and exercises. Regularly they are offered either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are created for complete beginners or individuals with only minimum knowledge of the Kirundi language.
One of the main suppliers these Kirundi language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of One hundred languages and contain all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who would like to learn the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other supplier of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a number of languages.
- Kirundi Audio Courses is frequently made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to learn and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses provides you with authentic pronunciation in Kirundi and a manageable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning are offered on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses commonly contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Kirundi.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language provide a wide selection of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you’d like to obtain more information about travelling to Burundi from Canberra, Australia, please choose the related links down below:
Please feel free to voice your own experiences with the Burundian Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you are getting a visa for travelling to Burundi or notarizing documents or simply just planning to chat to an individual at the Burundian consulate in Canberra. Contact us by simply posting it on this page.
Please Bear in mind: Your comments are going to be seen by the public, for that reason do not include confidential details.