Wish to talk to individuals in Belgium while you are on vacation trip? Or perhaps need to know the fundamental every day key phrases in Dutch.
What ever your motives are we have displayed information on Dutch along with some simple Dutch key phrases here. Select the web links on this webpage to learn about Dutch language.
Languages Spoken in Belgium
The people of Belgium speak Dutch. The main national and official language of Belgium is Dutch. Dutch is a West Germanic language and placed 40th based on number of native speakers of 20 million.
We’ve produced a selection of standard Dutch tourist language keyword phrases or words, which a traveler can use to get by in Belgium. We highly recommend you learn them from Dutch holiday phrases website.
Advice For Studying Dutch Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Dutch – The key to learn Dutch is hours and hours of conversation with people who talks Dutch a lot better than you. An hour or so of conversation (with corrections and Dutch dictionary for reference) is as effective as 5 hours in a Dutch classroom and 10 hours with a Dutch language course by yourself.
- Studying Dutch language for three or four hours on a daily basis for two weeks is much more effective for mastering Dutch than learning one hour on a daily basis for three months. It is no surprise that a great many Dutch learners who take language classes in school and never remember it in the long run. The key to master the Dutch is intensity of of study.
- Start off with the 100 most everyday Dutch words and phrases and attempt to create sentences using them. Learn sufficient Dutch grammar to be able to do that and do it until you feel really at ease with all of them.
- Keep repeating these sentence in your mind. Another use for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Dutch whilst going about your day and not speaking to anybody.
- Take a pocket Dutch dictionary or an English-Dutch dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Figure out the Dutch pronunciation patterns.
- Start using Dutch audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Dutch language.
- Following the first 100 phrases in Dutch, concentrate on starting to be conversational. Research has shown that the most everyday 100 phrases in Dutch language account for 50% of most spoken conversation. The most everyday 1,000 phrases count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Dutch is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Master it early and employ it often.
What do I need to study Dutch language?
- Dutch language courses can be found as conventional language courses, audio courses and online classes. The traditional Dutch courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Dutch grammer and exercises. Regularly they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
Many of these courses are created for complete beginners or individuals with only very little understanding of the Dutch language.
One of the main suppliers these Dutch language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than 100 languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who would like to understand the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide variety of languages.
- Dutch Audio Courses is generally made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses provides you with authentic pronunciation in Dutch and a manageable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each one of these courses usually consist of dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Dutch.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give you a wide range of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you desire to get more information about travelling to Belgium from Canberra, Australia, please be sure to go through the relevant web links beneath:
Feel free to share your own viewpoints with the Belgian Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Whether you’re obtaining a visa for going to Belgium or notarizing paperwork or simply just planning to talk with an individual at the Belgian consulate in Canberra. Tell us by simply submitting it on this site.
Please Notice: Your feedback are going to be seen by the public, for that reason do not include confidential details.